As an Activity Director, you are always looking for ways to brighten the days of the residents in your facility. Let Pets on Wheels help!
- Contact Pets on Wheels through the website.
- Return the form to Pets on Wheels so we can start a file for your facility.
- It is possible that your facility is already registered with Pets on Wheels, however, your contact info needs to be renewed in the database annually.
- All pets are required to be screened for temperament and to be healthy and up to date on all vaccinations. They will have a Health Certificate from their vet and they are required to provide copies to Pets on Wheels and to each facility annually. Please be sure you always have current Health Certificates for insurance purposes.
- Let us know when you would like a volunteer team (owner/pet) to visit your facility. We will do our best to find a volunteer team for your area. It isn’t always possible to fill every request, but we will do our best.
- When we find a volunteer team with an interest in your facility, we will have that volunteer contact you to arrange a tour/visit. Let that volunteer know whether or not you want them to bring their pet on that first visit. During the first visit, arrange a visiting schedule with the volunteer. It is their responsibility to contact you if they need to cancel a visit.
- If, for any reason, you feel the volunteer team is not a good match for your facility, please let us know.
- Volunteers log their hours online with Pets on Wheels. If you need them to sign in, please provide a way for them to do so.
- If a volunteer is interested in taking photographs of any resident, the volunteer will need to get a consent form signed by your facility and the resident or residentís Power of Attorney. The consent form is available upon request.
- If you no longer wish to have a partnership with Pets on Wheels, please let us know so we can archive your file. If you are comfortable saying so, we would appreciate knowing why.
Remember, we are here for you so don’t hesitate to call or email us. We want this to be an enjoyable experience for you and your residents.